DS2000 Camera Installation Problem

ds2000

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Epiphileon_*

Guest_Epiphileon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

I have a DS2000 reflector telescope that came with what the manual calls a "Color USB PC-Camera" that includes a CD with a driver and purportedly software to run the camera. I installed the driver per the manuals instruction and per the manual expected to find a "Meade camera" listing in my "USB 2.0 Camera" folder after rebooting the machine. This however did not occur, I have an Acer Aspire with an AMD Phenom IIx4 processor, running Windows 7, with a built in webcam. If I choose that webcam it activates the camera built in above the screen in a Window titled AMCAP, if I pull down the "Devices" menu and choose the second item "USB 2.0 Video Camera" it activates the Meade camera, but within that window and not within any software provided by Meade.

There is a program "Envisage" within my Meade folder, is this the software that should be activating?

Thinking it may be a revision problem, led to my second problem, there is indeed a newer version of Envisage available on the website, and it does say it fixes some earlier bugs; however, for some reason when I download the zip file neither compression utility I've used, WinZip, or 7 Zip will allow me to extract the file. I receive an error message that I need administrative privileges, my account on that machine is administrative. FYI I am not a regular Windows user, not since XP, I've been running Linux on my desktop since then.

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated I am hoping to mate my love of space with actual personal participation in observing, and teaching my stepson as well.

#2 Guest_Epiphileon_*

Guest_Epiphileon_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Sorry folks just found a similar post to this in the DS forum, "Meade Color USB PC-Camera Software", but it does not have an answer to the problem.

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

this is the proper software that was put out at that time.Im not sure if it is 64 bit compiant.
and I dont think it will be updated with 64 bit drivers.
You can give it a try and see if it will work.

Regrards

Mark
http://qteaser.com/C...ostar_Suite.zip
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ds2000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users