24 replies to this topic

#21 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2956 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I do not have a clue.  It is an interesting question, though.

If someone else does not post with an answer, that would be a good thing to ask.

It might give someone an idea of things to do to make the system better.

Bill
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#22 tmohr36

tmohr36

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationNorth Las Vegas

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

From everything that I've read and heard, albeit limited to what's available on the internet, the LX800 will automatically acquire a guide star (as low as mag 11) as soon as the slew completes. With that being said, it certainly sounds like, in this scenario, that the LX800 will acquire a new guide star (not back to the original) once the slew completes. Here's a link to the video where I found this information:

Tom Mohr

#23 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

I have another LX-800 related question. I have one on order, I also have the zero-image shift Micro Focuser and have also ordered the F5 fieeld Flattener/Reducer.
In this configuration, would the Focal Reducer be attached to the rear-cell of the scope, and the micro-focueer be attached to the F5 reducer, or will the Micro Focuser go onto the rear cell first?
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#24 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2956 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you would want to hook the microfocuser on first.  Putting the focuser between the the focal reducer and imager or eyepiece would change the magnification.  Not sure what it would do to any coma correction.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#25 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

I would have thought so too, but a guy at Mede Support said the reducer should go on first -- it didn't seem right to me -- I'm kinda hoping that someone in  "the know" would step up and clarify this. Since the Micro Focuser gets 'Locked onto' it's mount point (via set screws), you would think that would mean it is there for keeps, and reducers and other visual parts would come after...
LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users