8 replies to this topic

#1 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:56 AM

Hi My name is LukaszTarkowski.  Meade ETX LS 6 ASU Autostar suite update connection failed for the firmware download, 404 not found.  I have the firmware cause I got before the error,  I will Include the picture.  Hope It can be fixed for future firmwares.

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2339 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

I have not tried to update the firmware and I am not to familiar with the scope yet so Im unable to help.
Mr Badger may have some help for you .
Sorry I was of no help on this one

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

I did upgrade my telescope before the error so it is working now ,  This is an bug when trying to download the firmware says 404 not found in Asu AutoStar Updater.  I won't be able to reply this weekend, maybe Sunday going UpNorth

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2514 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:29 AM

I need to pull my scope inside and work with it a little.  I had a hard time getting things to match up until somehow figuring out that the scope is set up for port 7, if I am remembering correctly.  There is not a button to click on specifically, but there is one with a blank that you can fill in.

I have not tried to update anything past loading the 1.6a software via memory chip.  I can, however, talk to and control the scope from my netbook.

I am not sure when I can get things together to try downloading, but will do so sometime in the next few days.  (I have a fairly long "honey do" list to work on.)

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#5 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2514 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

Lukasz,

If you have not had your normal web browser on when you were trying to get updates, try turning it on first.  I got error messages about not being able to find files with mine off.  Then, I turned on the browser.  By the time I got back to the ASU program, the files were showing and I was able to continue on and transfer them to the scope.  The handset then told me to cycle power, which I did, causing the scope to start over with its startup routine.  I did not try to go to any asteroid or anything like that since it is daytime and the scope could not do an alignment.

Hope this helps,

Bill

#6 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

Sorry took so long,  I have internet explorer 9 set as default and still no luck, and it is on :)

#7 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

LX200GPS firmware downloads fine.  I already have the Meade ETX LS 6 firmware got it before the error but still need the software for future firmwares

#8 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2514 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

You might try removing the ASU software from your machine and then downloading and reinstalling it.

Just a guess.

Bill

#9 Lukasz Tarkowski

Lukasz Tarkowski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

I have done that, the only thing that downloads is LX200GPS firmware, I also disabled all firewalls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users