• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RDorio

RDorio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

The new Audiostar controller does not get along with Autostar Updater 5.9 very well currently as I have found out by experience. I'm not an expert but the following is what I learned and works for my new Audiostar Controller.  (My Audiostar Handbox is a Model 497EP and version A1F7)

1. First thing there is no update out yet for Audiostar so don't try. Although there is a patch available from Starpatch with thier trial software that corrects the time mis-calculations for satellite pass times plus a few other things.  (Starpatch BuildAUA1F7.ROM (Already in Controller) and PatchAUA1F7.spf)

2. Also do not enter any object data manually into the controller as it will cause a Flash Memory Error and you will no longer have any objects or data in that menu!

3. When you "Send" new object data to the controller every catagory (Asteriods, Satellites, Comets, Landmarks, Tours, User Objects) in the Updaters Autostar side will replace the ones currently in the controller and if the catagory is blank it will now be blank on your controller!

4. Tours, If you send tours to the contoller they Will be messed up, the title is Blank and some tours just froze on me displaying "Searching......". I have no solution for Tours yet , so I just don't use them for now.

5. As for getting new object data (Satellites, Comets, Asteriods) and transferring it to your hanbox I found that I could not "Retrieve" data from the controller into the Autostar Update program. So I don't try it causes problems!
    The best way to get New Object data to your Audiostar is to get the data from the www. then put it into the Autostar side of the updater window making sure that all the catagories (Asteriods, Satellites, Comets, Landmarks, Tours, User Objects) you need are filled with the new data. turn on your controller after making sure it's connected and when it is finished booting up (handbox should be at date entry display) click on "Send" in the Autostar Updater program it should show connected then sending data .....% at the bottom of window and when it is done it restarts controller and a Data sent successfully window will pop up [OK] That's it! your done all the new data should be in the controller.
If I learn anything new about Audiostar Controller I'll post it, good luck! Rob D.

#2 dslyr1

dslyr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

I have an HP computer with one serial port that connects to my moniter. Do I have to have another serial port installed on my HP.

#3 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:14 PM

With just the AutoStar software, you will have to have a serial port available for hookup to the phone plug in the handset that is not used to plug into the mount. I believe, however, that there is a driver that allows you to use a USB port instead. If I remember correctly, it works with XP, but not Vista. I am not sure about Windows 7,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users