LPI
Processed in Registax

#2 Lexidata

Lexidata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:05 PM

HI! I'm still much of a noob in astronomy so I'd like to get someone's advice on a picture....

I took it yesterday (mostly by luck) in a section of sky which happened to correspond with a similar triangular stellar configuration I found on STELLARIUM (at the same space-time-sky coordinates) which contained saturn at the left lower vertex of the triangle (where I took the picture)

Plus I'm pretty sure I roughly saw saturn and the rings when I looked through the scope myself.

Now talking about specs..... I used a 70X birding scope and my camera was a ridiculously common SONY CYBERSHOT 12.3 Mpix. Reason why I have my doubts if I'm clearly seeing saturn or if I just moved while I was taking the shot and the light randomly organized in a similar shape to saturn's?

Is it possible to take such a shot (obviously with a huge factor of luck) with the above instruments?

Posted Image

[I'm not quite sure how to post an image yet but I inserted it both ways (Attachment and HTML) just in case]

Thanks,

Alexis

#3 Lexidata

Lexidata

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

They did not allow me the attachment, I got told the file was too big, how do i post nice pictures like you so that people can see it and give their opinion?

#4 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

They did not allow me the attachment, I got told the file was too big, how do i post nice pictures like you so that people can see it and give their opinion?

Well, you can try resizing the image....or uplaod it to pictiger or some other site, and post a link here.  Hope that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users