• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RDorio

RDorio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

I just got my new LXD75 SN-6AT and everything works great! but I have a problem with Satellite tracking times not matching predictions by Heavens Above or Calsky. I have the new Audiostar Controller and I checked for updates using Autostar Update 5.9 and It showed no Update available for my Audiostar version.

I have tracking time issues (example "Audiostar" shows ISS pass rises at 22:27:56 but Calsky shows the following passes at 21:12:34 & 22:46:52)
The time differences are not explained by daylight savings and I have double checked my Site/ time/ date entries and they are correct. I have even seen the ISS going overhead as predicted by the websites.
I have installed the latest Object Data from the web and it still has not fixed it.

Thanks for any help.

#2 RDorio

RDorio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:37 AM

I found this on another forum to answer my own Question. Looks like the Audiostar has no Update Available yet and here is what I almost did too!!! ??? from the austrailian forum I mentioned(Iceinspace)

*Quoted Below*

"Thinking I was doing the right thing I updated my handset which has now made my controller a default 497 autostar "with no audio.

Thats a neat trick. I'm trying to go the other way
Currently, i suspect you have done no damage.
However, can you list EXACTLY what process you used to do this feat.
I havent been game to try using the ASU yet, but the Audiostar and 497EP are almost identical codewise,        ( except for the audio )
Meade havent released any firmware updates yet, but once they do, reloading a correct firmware should fix it.

I used the autostar update to add some satelites, comets and tours then it told me there was a update for my hand set so I thought it was for my controller and let it run. It was the 497EP and as you suggest it has not done any damage that I know of to the controller just made it a 497EP set and thus not utilising the audio board.

An update of the firmware for the audiostar should fix the prob, just need to wait for Meade to get their act
together. " End of Quote*

#3 RixWorx

RixWorx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

Thanks for the heads up.  Save me a toll on the road of hard knocks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users