• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 swood333

swood333

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:05 AM

Haven't tried this as of yet but thought it a point of interest... will deff be trying it as soon as i have a clear night...

it uses the gps and magnomter on your Android powered phone to allow you to use the function of Digital Setting Circles... I've played with the app a bit and it shows real promise...just not sure how the metal tube of the Lightbridge series will effect the magnometer.... may have to have the tube demagnatized...

from what i can gather this app is both a planitarium software and DSC emulator.... it works pretty good as a planitarium software.. more objects than google skymaps... and the DSC(or indrect mode) allows you to attach the phone on the scope in any orientation...allow it to find your GPS location...  then you do an alignment to a known object and go.... even has a drag to function... if the obect you're trying to seek is out of the targeting circle then you drag the screen image and the program adds it as a correction allignment point... even has a  bluetooth control add on that allows you to pair it with a bluetooth enabled control computer giving feed back to the cotrol computer...

Definate posibilities and potential... here's the market link...

http://market.androi...e=search_result

i'll post more once i've actually tried it... it has good comments on the market so i have hope it'll work well...

Happy stargazing....

#2 brumtaffy

brumtaffy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:40 AM

It's been a number of months since you posted. Are there any iPhone apps that do the same thing?
Cheers ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users