5 replies to this topic

#1 cmjrff

cmjrff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:29 PM

I have a jmi motofocus and the apm909.  Does anyone know if I can control that kind of focuser with autostar suite by connecting it to the apm909, while still guiding using phd?  Many thanks.
Charles

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:46 AM

Should be no problems doing that

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 cmjrff

cmjrff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

Thank you for your reply Mark.  Do you know if that means I connect from my PC to the apm909 and from the 909 to my handbox using Autostar Suite, and then plug the motofocus into the apm 909?  I don't know if I had things set up correctly or not, but I got some kind of ascom error from phd when trying to connect to the scope through the 909 and into the handbox.  I have had good luck connecting phd directly to the autostar handbox (not through the 909, but with the asom driver) as well as good luck connecting phd to my aux port with the gpusb.  I have the ascom 5.something driver.  Thank you for any help.

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:49 PM

With the 909 I believe you can connect to the pc using the rs232 port on the pc and with the proper cable control the scope from the connection.
The Meade software (envisage) for capture can then through the pc control and the 909 port run a redical, focus and auto guide routines.
I do not have one myself and am going by memory from helping a friend hook his up.
Remember you will need the proper cable to run from your PC to the proper port on the 909.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#5 cmjrff

cmjrff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:38 AM

Thanks again Mark.  I have all the needed cables and will experiment with this when I next get a chance.

#6 samtarani

samtarani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:32 PM

Just for your info...(Though it has been a while since this thread started) the APM connects to your "AUX" port on the control panel and not to the autostar hand controller aux port!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users