• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kewlgemini

kewlgemini

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

Hi all, my 9yr old son was given a Telestar 114AZ telescope with NO manual, I am desperate, for those of you with kids, I'm sure you can appreciate how persistent a 9 yr old can be when he wants something.  Anyone able to help with this???  please email kewlgemini06@yahoo.com, I am willing to compensate for the trouble...

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2960 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

I make an inquiry and see if there is some kind of archive somewhere that can be scanned.

I am assuming that this telescope has a long tube, maybe three feet long.

If there are any immediate questions, please post them and we can definitely answer them.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2960 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:47 PM

On the Meade.com website, in the Customer Service section, there is a place where they put instruction books.  There is not one specifically for a 114 AZ.  However, there are several for 114 EQ models.  The difference is in the mount.  The instructions on how to do things with the Optical Tube itself should be the same. 

The AZ mount is simpler to operate in that you simply push/pull it around.  If you have fine tuning knobs, the directions of motion will not match up with the movement of stars and you have to adjust both directions.

With the EQ, you have to line up one axis with the celestial North Pole, near polaris, and set up the angle on the indicator to match your lattitude.  After that, the scope swivels according to the celestial corrdinate system rather then simply going up/down and left/right.  You only have to turn one knob to move with the sky.

Each type of mount has its advantages and disadvantages.

Hope this helps,

Bill Steen

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2960 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

I recieved a reply about the instructions for this scope.  The 114AZ was only sold in Mexico and the instructions are in Spanish.  I tried to email a pdf to you, but it could not go through.  The reason was invalid email address.

If you would like a copy, let me know where to send it.

Bill Steen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users