3 replies to this topic

#1 grimzella

grimzella

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

Hello everyone,

I cannot seem to find an answer to this question.  I've searched the web, plus members at cloudynights cannot answer it either.  I have the Monochrome version of the DSI II  and i also have the Coma corrector baader MPCC.  The MPCC will thread directly to the DSI's threads (nosepiece removed).  I read tho.. that the MPCC needs to be a distance of 55mm from the CCD or DSLR sensor.  will i get this by directly attaching the MPCC to the DSI  or will i have focusing issues until i get the 55mm distance corrected?  I will be getting my new scope tomorrow. AT8IN astro-Tech Newtonian.  I currently have the LXD75 SN 10in.

Thank you for any kind of help here.
Dave

#2 grimzella

grimzella

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:25 PM

lol...  i think i hear crickets in these forums....    shhhhhhh......  listen.

#3 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

Dave:

Did you ever get this sorted out?  I also have the AT 8in Newtonian Astrograph, a coma corrector and the DSI II.  The distance is not really a focus issue but a correction issue.  If you want a flat frame (and why else would you be using an MPCC), definitely abide by the 55mm spacing.  I've shot a few things with this combination and it works great.  I wondered whether the CC was really required given the size of the DSI II chip, but I haven't experimented without the CC.  One of my recent images with this setup is attached.

#4 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:26 AM

Beautiful image Bill... that's a winner. I have used the same set up, but to get the 55mm I use a 17mm spacer, and two filers that put it spot on for my QHY8 camera. A IDAS and IR filter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users