• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bhautz

bhautz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Hey all, Does anyone know why my DSI wont work with a USB Extension cable. The cable is good. I checked it using my Canon 20D and it worked for that.

#2 hargy

hargy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:36 AM

i think you need to use a powered usb extension, not just a longer usb exstension. i believe the signal is not strong enough to be carried over 10 feet thats why you need to boost it up with the power relay.
LX200R 10 inch Semi Peir Mount, Willam Optics 2.5 inch Guide Scope. Orion Auto Guider CCD. Meade DSI II Pro CCD. Deepsky Stacker, PhotoShop 5.

#3 grimzella

grimzella

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

I've been lucky with my 15ft  belkin pro 2.0 usb cables with no power.  but any longer and my images suffer.  I have my scope outdoors and my lappy inside.  i extended my cable to my autostar box, and i now do everything from inside.  (last year i froze)  my usb runs 2 (1 cam for scope and 1 for guide) are about 30 feet.. but the 2 USB extenders are powered\repeaters.  they are 20ft each.  you def need them powered USB's  these DSI's love the Juice!

#4 Skyhawk727

Skyhawk727

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:27 PM

I was using 2 DSI's for a while and discovered the need for a powered hub. It solved my problems.

Dave
10" LX200 in observatory, TeleVue Pronto guidescope, DSI III Pro as autoguider/imager, SBIG ST 8300M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users