• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phillip

Phillip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:37 AM

Has anyone had success connecting to and controlling the RCX from a laptop running Windows 7 64-bit?  I sometimes get connected through Autostar Suite but the connections is very unstable.  Do I need to load a different driver?

#2 hargy

hargy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:28 PM

forgive me but I thought only one sold.... I didnt know you were rich... wanna adopt me? I bet that is a nice scope there
LX200R 10 inch Semi Peir Mount, Willam Optics 2.5 inch Guide Scope. Orion Auto Guider CCD. Meade DSI II Pro CCD. Deepsky Stacker, PhotoShop 5.

#3 Tycho

Tycho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

Hey Phillip
Try running Autostar Suite in Windows XP mode..Right click on A/S icon and click the compatibility tab

Pete

#4 melmede

melmede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

Autostar Suite Update won't run on my new W7/64 bit computer. This prevents communications setup when I try to operate scope from computer handbox, etc. Is there any Meade fix for ASU that will correct this incompatibility problem with Win 7 and facilitate full functionality of Serial/Telescope communications?

My old XP computer handled AutoStar Suite and ASU with no problems and was fully functional for remote operation of my RCX400. The problem thus seems to be in changes made by the Win 7/64bit OS. Would welcome any suggestions from others who have encountered this glitch.

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

There are no drivers compatable with any 64 bit system that I know of.You will need to run all meade software in xp compatable mode for 32 bit.
Envisage will run in 64 bit mode and has worked fine when i beta tested it but i donmt think we ever worked on any of the other programs
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users