8 replies to this topic

#1 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:56 AM

I don't do planetary imaging very often.  But with Jupiter so bright, I though I'd give it a try with my LX-90.

Bill

#2 hargy

hargy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 04:28 AM

very nice. I have been stuck at work and I haven't had the chance to get out. I'm jealous... lol
LX200R 10 inch Semi Peir Mount, Willam Optics 2.5 inch Guide Scope. Orion Auto Guider CCD. Meade DSI II Pro CCD. Deepsky Stacker, PhotoShop 5.

#3 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

I'm going to add a 2X barlow and try again and see what I get.  I know that pesky work thing gets in the way.  I'm jealous of those whe have retired and can image whenever the skies are clear.

#4 hargy

hargy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:45 AM

I hear ya on that. I cant wait to retire.
LX200R 10 inch Semi Peir Mount, Willam Optics 2.5 inch Guide Scope. Orion Auto Guider CCD. Meade DSI II Pro CCD. Deepsky Stacker, PhotoShop 5.

#5 ebeez

ebeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:15 AM

Nice pic.. how did u get it so clear? Stacked... avi?

#6 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

I created an AVI and used RegiStax 5 to break out the best frames and stack them.  I ended up using about 500 frames.  The wavelet filter in RegiStax is crucial to sharpening the image.  I did some final adjustments to the color in PS CS3.

#7 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:39 PM

AWESOME.....makes mine from tonight look sad! >:(

#8 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

Vomit:

Yours is a great image.  Go back into RegiStax and rework the wavelets.  I usually nudge up 2, 3, 4 and 5, leaving 1 and 6 alone.  It always surpises me how much you can pull out with wavelets.  I also lightened mine because usually I tend to over saturate the color, bleeding out detail in the process.  Aren't you in da UP?  Next time I'm visiting my mom we should get together and compare notes.  Sounds like we're on a similar track.

Bill

#9 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:13 PM

Vomit:

Yours is a great image.  Go back into RegiStax and rework the wavelets.  I usually nudge up 2, 3, 4 and 5, leaving 1 and 6 alone.  It always surpises me how much you can pull out with wavelets.  I also lightened mine because usually I tend to over saturate the color, bleeding out detail in the process.  Aren't you in da UP?  Next time I'm visiting my mom we should get together and compare notes.  Sounds like we're on a similar track.

Bill

Thanks for the props.  And yes I am in the UP......Wells, to be exact. Let me know when (if) you are coming up.  I would be glad to get together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users