• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nedder

nedder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

Anyone know what's the best option for an auto focuser for an older 2080 that will plug directly into the LX6?

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

Im not sure what the LX6 uses for a focuser port for power
JMI makes several different focusers that will work on 6 to 12 volts and also have a seperate box to control the focuser.
The Meade zero shift focuser also does the same.

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 avenosod

avenosod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

I have an original Meade focuser that plugs into the panel of my LX6 (Premier) base. I operates from the hand controller. I can follow up with the model number and operating voltage in a day or so. I need time to get into my attic for boxes and papers. Maybe then you can search EBay or some other site.  I remember Motofocus would have been an option at that time, cheaper, but with separate controller.

It would probably be possible to re-wire any electric focuser to be usable from the hand controller.

I will get back.

Dennis

#4 Bob Hess

Bob Hess

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationPanama City Beach, Fl

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Did you ever find a focuser? I'm selling one now on Cloudy Nights. I bought it for use on a 2080 LX6 and it works great. It is Meade's Model 1200. The scope was borrowed from a friend and I used it a lot along with the focuser but recently gave the scope back and he didn't want the focuser.

Bob Hess

Project Manager

Remember: Wherever you go, there you are!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users