Photo

Error "Can't open ZxzxyyvImg.tga" when opening JPG in Image processor.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 tallmanjc

tallmanjc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:25 AM

I have the newest Autostar suite loade on tow platforms one W7 the other Vista.  No matter what I do I can not open any JPGs and get this following error  >:(

Can't open ZxzxyyvImg.tga

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jim

#2 akjudge

akjudge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:54 AM

Jim,

I have the newest Autostar Suite on Windows XP SP-3, and have the same problem with JPG's you do.

I never noticed since I do not use Autostar for Image Processing.  I only discovered this when I went to Autostar to see if I could find a solution for you, but couldn't since I have the same problem.

Just wanted to let you know your posting was not ignored.

Waiting to see what others say...

Jim

#3 tallmanjc

tallmanjc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:02 AM

LOL Thanks Jim.  Funny it is almost like talking to myself >:(

#4 tallmanjc

tallmanjc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

WOW!  I'm simply amazed at how useful thes forums are (Not).  Sort of like calling Meade technical support  :(

???

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 05:29 PM

I do my best to keep up with thinhs and as I volunteer to do this I cant be here all the time
Also there are many members here but not many use win 7 so that may be the lack of a responce
With that I can be no help either as I woont touch windows 7 to even look at it

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#6 akjudge

akjudge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

Mark,

I have the same problem -- can't open jpg's -- in Envisage.  And I am using Windows XP (see my comments above).

I feel the same as you -- won't leave Windows XP.

But the problem posted does not appear to be related to Windows 7, since I have it on Windows XP.

I was hoping (as the original poster was) that someone would know what was producing the error.

Jim

#7 tallmanjc

tallmanjc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:29 AM

Thant would be a correct deduction.  I have the same issue on both a Vista platform as well as on a Windows 7 platform so I don't think it is a OS related issue.

Wouldn't been an issue if I could find an app that will convert JPG to FITS for me (Free)

Jim

#8 tallmanjc

tallmanjc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 10:36 AM

Okay, here is a bit more info.

When I load an older version of Autostar suite 5.01 the Image Processor (V5.00) works just fine and opens JPGs under WIN 7 and Vista. 

When I load teh newest Win 7 compatible Auttostar suite 5.5 the Image processor (v5.5) does not work when opening JPGs

My guess here is a bad dll as you if you rename the old EXE so it doesn't get over written you it will run but it will also not work with JPGs.

Jim

#9 akjudge

akjudge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

Jim,

Mark posted a notice of a new release of Envisage V7.09.  Maybe you will want to download it  and see if the bug is fixed.

Let the forum know if the newest version can open jpg's.  (I don't use Envisage, so won't be downloading it until I'm sure that there are no new bugs in it...)

Jim

#10 tallmanjc

tallmanjc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:52 AM

:) Well I loaded the new release of Envisage, V7.09.  This did not help but I didn't expect it to do so.  Image Processing is laoded with teh Autostar Suite not with Envisage.  As far as I can tell they ahve nothign to do with each other at all

Jim

#11 neomerlinmagic

neomerlinmagic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

I have the same problem. So changed the save settings on envisage to fits. Btw the jpegs will load into registax and it's free. Maybe that'll help for the time being. I find the Meade software to be extremely buggy.

#12 cgordo5

cgordo5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with 64 bit Windows 7 and Meade Image Processor. Did anyone find a solution to this?

Thanks,
Charles

#13 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2780 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

I am not an expert at all when it comes to the imaging programs, but I do not think Meade has any software that will run is 64 bit mode. It is all 32 bit.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users