• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 matth

matth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

We just recently installed a new RCX400 16" telescope from Meade.  Things seem to be working fine, however I am noticing a strange problem with the focus option.  When I try to focus with the AutoStar unit the following happens:

I am able to focus from both extremes with no problem.
If I push the down button to focus that way, the focus will go until it reaches the limit.  If I stop pushing the down button, the scope stops focusing where I left off the button.  All good so far.

If I push the up button, the scope will also focus to the limit.  However, when it reaches the limit, or if I leave off the up button before it reaches the limit, it will focus, but as soon as I leave off the up button, the scope will move slightly... enough to send the image out of center.

What can I do to fix this, and why is the scope moving after I leave off the up focus button?

#2 matth

matth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:20 AM

Ok,
Since no one else had a responce.. I am going to log my resolution for others.  The collimation was out of wack.  I went into the menus and did a factory default collimation restore and things are fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users