4 replies to this topic

#1 mranch

mranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

Hi,
So, what is the word on the 16" Lightbridge? Are people liking it? Pro's? Con's? I'm seriously thinking about getting one. Any info would be awesome! Thanks,

Bob

#2 Garand

Garand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:56 PM

The only firsthand info I have is from a gentleman I met who owned a 16".  He loved the optics and the ease of use,  he said that as long as you are in dark skies the views will take your breath away but that light polluted skies really detracted from the scope.  And there is why he was selling his - like me he is a one man show and setting up the 16" Lightbridge does not appear to bode well for one person.  He was going to pick up the more portable but still awesome 12".  That's all I have.

#3 mranch

mranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:41 AM

Thanks Garand,
Yeah, that seems to be what a lot of folks are saying. Kind of bulky. I guess I need to find someone close that has one and check it out! Thanks again.

Bob

#4 mranch

mranch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:27 AM

I"ve had my 16" lightbridge for a few months now. Early on I had it out quite frequently, but lately here on the Oregon Coast, it has been cloudy! Haven't had it out at all!! It would be easier with 2 people, but I've developed a technique for assembling the scope that works out well just by myself. And oh yes, the optics are awesome!! I bought a set of Televue eyepieces for it which are also wonderful eyepieces!! The combo of the 16" scope and the televue is awesome!! I would definitely recommend this scope to anyone the is interested in a large dob.

Bob

#5 Garand

Garand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

Oregon Coast.  Well, I am just north in Vancouver.  My folks used to live in Lakeside.  Anywhere in the Pacific Northwest is scanty viewing right now - missed the Geminids, missed the eclipse, waiting to show the Orion Nebula to my Granddaughter - I am actually considering sellin my LX 200R and going to a quicker setup LT-8 in order to take advantage of the occassional breaks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users