6 replies to this topic

#1 hargy

hargy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:59 AM

Well after all of the help and guidance. This is my attempt at Jupiter. I am still trying to learn how to process the image. I can't believe the headache I got. why can't it be easier. I guess it wouldn't be as much fun.
LX200R 10 inch Semi Peir Mount, Willam Optics 2.5 inch Guide Scope. Orion Auto Guider CCD. Meade DSI II Pro CCD. Deepsky Stacker, PhotoShop 5.

#2 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:16 PM

Good job... imaging is a steep learning cure, but if you keep track of your earliest images and compare as you go along you'll see rewarding progress. Planets are difficult, jupiter can have "fall off" at the edges as the atmosphere "goes around the corner" giving the impression that its not quite sharp at the edge.

You could probably process some fo the red out of this one to give the light belts a whiter look. try experimenting with different effects.

cheers

#3 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

Well after all of the help and guidance. This is my attempt at Jupiter. I am still trying to learn how to process the image. I can't believe the headache I got. why can't it be easier. I guess it wouldn't be as much fun.

Excellent pic!!  What kind of scope & camera?  Way better than anything I have taken and I have managed a few!!  Love your sig by the way, I use that one on my wife a lot.

#4 ebeez

ebeez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

Great pic!!!!

#5 hargy

hargy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:32 PM

thanks all.... i am using the dsi II pro with a lx200 10 inch. i found out that once you zero in on jupiter slew over to a small faint star and focus on that then move back to jupiter. make sure you are collimated
LX200R 10 inch Semi Peir Mount, Willam Optics 2.5 inch Guide Scope. Orion Auto Guider CCD. Meade DSI II Pro CCD. Deepsky Stacker, PhotoShop 5.

#6 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:57 AM

Did you use a barlow to get Jupiter that size?

#7 hargy

hargy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 04:39 AM

I am not able to use a barlow. I cant seem to get anything I like. I might have resized it a bit.. been awhile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users