#41 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2955 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:19 AM

Betty,

If your scope was having trouble before in the vertical direction, but is just moving up and down during the alignment process, it may mean that particular sensor is still having some issues, even though it started working again.  Could be a slightly corroded contact in the wiring.  

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#42 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:11 AM

Hello everyone;  I am back with a problem with my LS 8" Meade Telescope, and what is going wrong:  After I go though the alinement procedure and it proceeds to the first star, well, thats when the trouble starts, it gets to the right alt. and then proceeds to the left and when it gets to the star it stops, I presume it is taken a picture and comparing then it proceeds in the same direction and stop about every 15 degrees and again I am presuming that it is taken a picture. It will go on til I stop it.  So I try to stop it at the star or near it and center it and hit enter and it proceeds to the second star and does the same thing so I stop it at the star or close to it.. Now why do you think it does this.  I put in the time and date manually at start-up..  If you have any idea about this please let me know..  Thanks for your support...  Betty..

#43 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:30 AM

OK Bill;  Can you tele me how to get to the wires and clean the contact.  Are there any picture or video on this, so as to do this myself..  Thanks for the ideas.     Betty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users