#21 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 25 October 2016 - 09:01 AM

Hi Wolfgang!

Your instructions and comments are very clear.

Thank you, I certainly appreciate it!

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#22 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

Well, I Called Meade again and explain it to them and again they want it sent back.. I hope for this time they fix it right.. Will let y'all know the results.. And I thank y'all for the Help given.  My warranty is about to end on this scope..  Thank You,   Betty 

#23 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:04 PM

Hi Betty!

With the troubles you have been running into, sending it back again is probably the best thing to do.

I will keep my mental "fingers crossed" for you! :)

Bill Steen

#24 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:33 PM

I would like to know how do you put in the Date (day) into the  LS manually.  I have tried several  ways but it does not stay in.. and I have shut down and started up and it goes to a day ahead..  I have my location in right and the time but the date keeps going to one day ahead..   Thanks..   Betty

#25 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

I think I have found the answered to my own question..  Went back and read the manual again and found if GPS is turned off, it will ask for the date and time so I will try that next outing..  I just hope it saves it to default..   Well let you know the results..  Thanks..  Betty 

#26 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:24 AM

Thanks, Betty!

That will be good information for everyone!

Bill

#27 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:49 AM

I finely tried it..  And it worked like part way that I still don't understand..  It did take the info I put in but it does not stay.  I go to the scope info. and it will have a city that is close by, (Shreveport, La.) and I put my co-ordence and time, cdt of -5.   I shut down and start again and I can never get it to say "Alinement success", it get caught on mount tip and will make a 360 degree and more if I don't stop it,  and when I try to go to an object, like Jupiter,  its way off from it.  I know that I am doing something wrong but what I don't know, yet..  I hope somebody can understand me, I am not good at this.. but trying hard to get it right..    Betty   

#28 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

Hi Betty,

You might want to call Meade customer support and talk to them. 

What you are telling me does not sound like it is something you are doing wrong, unless there is something related to time entry.  I never had to actually enter the time on mine and I do not have it now, so I cannot check it out.  I don't have any idea what the manual sequence of events is.  You may have to let it go on around, even it if is more that 360 degrees, just follow its movements around to keep from wrapping up a cord, and see if it satisfies itself somehow.  The manual sequence may be a lot different than what you are used to with automatic.

Hope this helps!  If it does not, holler back with what you can find out.  At least for now, you have my sympathies!

Bill Steen

#29 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

Thanks MistrBadgr;  I will call them this week and let you know what they say, mean time I will keep trying..  I don't want to send it back again my warranty is up now and they have had it 3 times for repairs.  Now it all on me..  I appreciate your replies.    Thanks  Betty

#30 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

OK;  I got the LS going now..Whoopee---  I was relining on the GPS to put in the time and location but every time it gave me a place in California.. So now I know how to correct that each time I turn the scope on.. I turn off the GPS and put my own info in and it works fine..  But it always goes back to the default in California when I shut down and start up again..  How do you make it the default for my info instead of California??  It is also hard for cell phones to work out here too..   Thanks  Betty

#31 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:56 PM

Hi Betty,

I am investigating.  If anyone else knows the answer, please speak up.  Do not wait for me! :)

Bill

#32 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:27 AM

Well:  I guest there is nobody out there on the internet that knows the answers..  LOL.   I think Meade need to correct the program on the AutoStar 3 and send us the corrections..  There seems to be a lots of folks out there with these problems..  

Betty 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users