• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 t3istar

t3istar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:36 AM

This has really been an extremely helpful pro-active site assisting me to get my LPI operational on a 64 bit computer. I am an amateur and have successfully used LPI on my LX200 8” for the past 6 years (great photos) on an XP Pro Laptop.  The problem started when I started to use a new VISTA 64 Bit laptop.
I installed MS Virtual PC – XP-pro on my VISTA Ultimate 64 bit Laptop successfully and the final issue that I have run into is that I cannot access any of the USB’s in the Virtual PC mode.  On-line, the Microsoft site seems to say the problem is solved when using MS Windows 7 because there is a USB Tab but no comments or help regarding a VISTA work around.  I think the operative problem is that Meade still has not released 64 bit software for LPI or DSI and similarly MS apparently is ignoring VISTA customers.  Accordingly I would appreciate any assistance re the following options.
Has anyone found a way to activate USB connections for the LPI when operating a VISTA 64 bit laptop in the Virtual PC XP mode?
Assuming the above is not possible, I have the following options
Purchase VMWare version 7 for $189.00.
Purchase a dedicated XP Laptop for the telescope ($400.00).
Wait for Meade to write and release 64 BIT DSI software and hope that might also work on LPI (Meade not very encouraging).
Wait for Meade to write and release 64 BIT DSI software and purchase a DSI ($400-$800).
Thank you for any guidance and assistance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users