Photo

Need to resolve LPI and DSI II,III Vista 64 Bit Ultimate issues - Meade response

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 t3istar

t3istar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:39 AM

I know this topic has been actively discussed and a number of third party suggestions/quasi solutions have been posted but I would appreciate an updated opinion, thought process or new input from forum members.

I have called Meade customer service multiple times and receive varying opinions including

• We are writing Vista/MS-7 64 Bit software specifically for LPI
    We are not writing Vista/MS-7 64 Bit software specifically for LPI
    We are writing writing Vista/MS-7 64 Bit software specifically for DSI II and III but no release date has been confirmed

I have been unable to have my LPI be recognized (even as a webcam) in my laptop or my desktop that runs on VISTA 64 BIT Ultimate so I cannot change the name in the registry as has been suggested.  I am running the latest AutoStar Suite software.  I would appreciate recommendations of third party CCD with software that will work should Meade not release a Vista or "7" version.  My telescope is an LX-200 8" with GPS and UHTC and with XP I have had suprisingly great LPI results that I was hoping to continue.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users