• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 skipper_doug

skipper_doug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

I bought a new HP Compaq laptop to replace my old laptop. It had Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit loaded.

I found out that Meade does not provide 64 bit drivers so I could not get my LPI or DSI working.

I first tried downloading VMWare and installed XP in the virtual machine but still could not get the LPI or DSI working.

No help from HP after 3 phone calls. They were not able to provide me with a 32 bit version of Windows 7.

Finally I bought the full version of Windows 7 Professional and installed the 32 bit version on my laptop. The DSI started working but still no luck with the LPI.

I downloaded the Microsoft Windows 7 virtual machine and XP and installed them. Now the DSI, LPI, and USB to Serial adapter (for telescope control) work in the XP virtual machine. If I just want to use the DSI then I can run in Windows 7. For the LPI or both I run in the XP virtual machine.

Doug

#2 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:50 AM

That sounds like a lot of messing about.

I just keep an old laptop running XP Pro that I use for imaging only.

#3 mhminor

mhminor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:39 PM

That is good to know.  I puchased a Dell with Vista installed, and I too had to purchase Windows 7 to get the LPI to work.  I plan to purchase the DSI III next month.

Mike

#4 t3istar

t3istar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:59 PM

Doug,

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried loading in the XP Pro Virtual PC on my VISTA 64 laptop and while it loaded OK, I am having problems accessing my DVD and Internet.  I will keep working it (I may have missed something in the setup although it claims I am successfully finished.  When I am running in the Virtual mode, it still does not recognize the LPI and the computer still seems to default to my Vista.  I assume that you didn't have that problem with 7.

quote author=skipper_doug link=topic=3027.msg11872#msg11872 date=1264304560]
I bought a new HP Compaq laptop to replace my old laptop. It had Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit loaded.

I found out that Meade does not provide 64 bit drivers so I could not get my LPI or DSI working.

I first tried downloading VMWare and installed XP in the virtual machine but still could not get the LPI or DSI working.

No help from HP after 3 phone calls. They were not able to provide me with a 32 bit version of Windows 7.

Finally I bought the full version of Windows 7 Professional and installed the 32 bit version on my laptop. The DSI started working but still no luck with the LPI.

I downloaded the Microsoft Windows 7 virtual machine and XP and installed them. Now the DSI, LPI, and USB to Serial adapter (for telescope control) work in the XP virtual machine. If I just want to use the DSI then I can run in Windows 7. For the LPI or both I run in the XP virtual machine.

Doug
[/quote]

#5 t3istar

t3istar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:31 PM

Doug,

I upgraded to Windows 7 on my 64 bit Ultimate Laptop.  I installed Virtual PC and that works fine (It has SP3 installed).  I install Autosuite 5.5 and it reports complete and satisfacory including the LPI and DSI drivers.  However, when I try to enter the Imaging mode with my LPI i get the Error 0xc0000135 even thought the Autostar .net Framework 2.0 SP2.  As I write this I think I will try to load Dot network SP3 -- perhaps that will work
Your suggetions are certainly welcomed.

#6 t3istar

t3istar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:26 AM

Doug, My LPI problem completely solved Mostly because of your very helpful and courteous postings.  The final issue solved was the conflict between Virtual PC XP installed with SP3 and the Autostar Suite 5.5 loading in net Framework 2.0.  Once I loaded net Framework 3.0 in the LPI worked perfectly.  The corrective steps were.

Upgrading my Vista Ultimate 64 Bit to Windows 7.0 Ultimate 64 bit
Installing Virtual PC for XP (free software available to Windows 7 users).
After installing Autosuite 5.5, I upgraded the installed net Framework to 3.0 AND Voila

All works well for us Humble LPI users until Meade, if ever, provides dedicated 64 bit software.

Thanks again

T3Istar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users