• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noslenwerdna

noslenwerdna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 06:59 PM

This may sound crazy but here goes... The user's manual says I should insert my LPI with the usb pointed down and the picture shows the LPI mounted without a diagonal. My scope has one and I couldn't mount the LPI without it. They say for the lx200 the usn should point forward and the picture shows it mounted on a diagonal. So, I assume I should mount mine like the lx200 but wht type of scope do I tell the software that I am using? One way it wii guide backward or upside down... It doesn't seem to want to keep the image centered. Do I have to use a second camera and scop piggy-backed in order to guide?

#2 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 January 2010 - 08:53 AM

This was always confusing to me as well.  Try this:  during the day time (even indoors), put an arrow pointing up on a piece of white paper and stick it as far away from you as you can.  Start the LPI with the setup you are going to image with, and focus on the arrow.  Rotate the LPI until the arrow is pointing up.  That's the orientation for the LPI for your setup.

When you create a tracking box around the bright object (planet) you are imaging, the box should hold the bright object in or near the center of the imaging screen.  There should be no need for a guide scope when doing planetary imaging.  Your images are very short in duration so you don't have to worry about rotation or star trailing.  In fact, you won't even see any stars in your image.  As long as the object stays in the tracking box, you'll be fine.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users