• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jasonh10

jasonh10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

I bought the LPI about a year ago, and have had more problems with it than anything I've ever owned. I've successfully used it to take pictures of the Moon, but other than that have had little to no luck with it. I bought it with the intention of using it on a guide scope. First, there were the LPI/Vista problems that I had to resolve, and now suddenly the thing doesn't seem to like cold weather, even though it worked (somewhat) this past winter. The colder it gets the worse the image seems to degrade. It isn't even that cold out, about 45-50 degrees F. I put a heating pad around it and it seemed to help the image, but now the image in Envisage will suddenly freeze after a minute or two. The program doesn't, and the connection to the telescope works fine, but the image from the LPI freezes. The laptop and all other programs run normally.

Is there an alternative to Envisage that I can try with it, or is this an LPI problem? Is the LPI junk? Because it certainly seems so. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users