StevenSWissler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:06 PM

Trying to export image get the following error:

Autostar Image Processing: AutostarIP.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x004a63f0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

#2 StevenSWissler

StevenSWissler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:59 AM

I've gotten no response on this topic, I'm having numerous problems getting the autostar image processing to function properly, version 5.5, windows xp. cannot export or save files, cannot get blink to open a second file,... seems like a very disfunctional program

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:15 AM

What for mat are you trying to save to?
BMP works and JPG works but there has always been a problem saving to 16 bit Tiff files.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#4 StevenSWissler

StevenSWissler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:51 PM

I never get as far as selecting a format, just get the error message.

#5 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

Steven,
  Sorry you are having this problem.  It seems to be an unusual problem.  Even under 64 bit Vista (which is problematic for the LPI and DSI products) I cannot create the error you are having.  Referencing memory at "0x00000000" generally means a program is trying to reference something that is not there or has become disconnected from the program.  It is a message that does not really point us to the direct cause but just indicates a problem.  Did you have any mishaps when you installed it for the first time?  Did it do this after installation or did it just start this out of a “clear blue sky”? Are you loading images from an LPI or a DSI or some other type of image?  You may need to uninstall and then do a reinstall.  It is hard to say at this point.
Russell Hurlbert

#6 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Sorry for the delay in response
This will usually happen during capture as well as saving images if you dont have the correct path to the folder.
Make sure you have a folder made for the images and show the correct path to them.
I lost a whole nights of images due to not having the correct path named
Hope this helps

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#7 StevenSWissler

StevenSWissler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

This has happened since day 1, I've tried re-installing the software. The OS is Windows XP 32 bit service pack 3, Autostar image processing version 5.5

I usually bring up an image by double clicking, however, I've used the file open also.

As soon as I select Export Display As, the error occurs and the program exits.

I'm not sure how to select a path for the files. There seems to be no program option for doing this...

#8 StevenSWissler

StevenSWissler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:05 PM

Foregot to mention these are LPI images in FITS format I'm reading in

#9 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:34 PM

can you e mail me one of your fits lpi images?
Ill see if I can re creat the error here
Mail to
Astronomy  at  qteaser  dot com
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#10 StevenSWissler

StevenSWissler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:20 PM

I installed the latest autostar suite on a vista laptop, read in a FITS image from a DSI into the image processing software, tried to EXPORT and the software crashed. I'm going to try it on another XP machine, but unless I'm doing something consistently wrong in the installation, I'm beginning to think this image processing software is non-functional. Can anybody else get this software to export to a non-fits format after reading in an LPI or DSI image in fits format?

#11 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 16 January 2010 - 11:01 AM

Steven,
  I certainly am no expert and would never want to give anyone that impression.  I feel that I owe you this reply because I asked the questions that I did.  I would never suggest that you even try a version of Vista to get AutoStar Image Processing to work.  I am truly sorry you are having this problem.  I asked the questions I did so that Mark and others (who are experts) could have more information with which to help you.  I know how frustrating it can be to get software to behave (I am a computer programmer).
  What I can offer you (for what’s its worth) is the advice I would follow myself.  I would take Mark up on his generous offer to help you.  I don’t think you could get much better help than from him.  If nothing else, you will get some great expertise to use once you come up with a solution.  I sincerely hope (and believe) you will get past this hurdle.
Russell Hurlbert

#12 StevenSWissler

StevenSWissler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:54 PM

I did send Mark a picture, I haven't heard back yet.I've since switched to using nebulosity for capture and image processing. So far no problems. None of the crashes or camera interface problems I've had with autostar suite, The user interface is great and the documentation is very useful.

#13 Russell

Russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationGulfport, MS.

Posted 16 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

Steven,
  I'm glad you got something to work for you.  I keep hearing about Nebulosity and have wanted to check it out but I have only an LPI.  I understand you have a DSI also.  I'd love to see some of your work.  Maybe you’ll share some of it sometime.  Again, I’m glad you got something to work for you.
Russell Hurlbert

#14 StevenSWissler

StevenSWissler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 03:06 PM

Well, so far, since I purchased the DSI II, I've had one clear night.  :'( It's been raining here a lot in LA. I've gotten some good flats and darks and have been learning the nebulosity interface. I'm very happy with it so far, looking foreward to a clear night. I mostly do lunar and planetary work from home, and am curious to see how the DSI & Nebulosity perform for this... I'll post something as soon as I get to see the night sky again...

#15 StevenSWissler

StevenSWissler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

Finally got a clear night here in the LA area and was able to take some lunar pictures with the DSI II, using nebulosity for capture. Nebuolsity wa a pleasure to use. :)

Here's an example. I shot this with a 10" LX200 ACF, and a DSI II Color. Shot 50 frames at .005 seconds and selected the best image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users