2 replies to this topic

#1 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:01 PM

Could you all tell me what processing software you all use?  I have been using Registax with (somewhat) uneven results.  Don't know if I need a tutor, or if there is better stuff (free) out there.  I don't have Photoshop or anything fancy.  Just looking to pick some brains so I can maximize the quality of the pix I am getting with the LPI.

Blatz for all you folks.

#2 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:05 AM

I've used an LPI to take images of planets... choosing to set the % of frames to be stacked at only the best 50% or less, using the sharpen filter and save the image as a .tif...  I use the stack and combine process for at least several hundred images with good results.

then it looks kind of flat, can use some help. I use Photoshop to increase contrast, sharpen details, slectively balance colors... can probably do that with Photshop elements the least complicated and economical of the photoshop family. If you have a digital camera, it probably came with some kind of image processing software that would work.

#3 akjudge

akjudge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

Vomit,

While I have Registax, I personally prefer AviStack, which is also free.

For me, AviStack seems easier to use with more controls so I can control the process.  If you try AviStack, be sure to read the pfd manual, as it simplifies things greatly.

Although I have Photoshop, I have heard that GIMP works pretty good for a free image processing software.

You may want to give these a try.

Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users