13 replies to this topic

#1 magic

magic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:14 PM

Hello all,

I have just acquired the EXT-LS6 and I love it-- great job!

However, I do have two problems. Everything from windows to autostar is updated and current. I also tried two different systems, one with WindowsXP professional and the other is Windows Vista with the same result.

The first problem is the remote handbox does not show the menu tree and the big black window on the right of the menu tree pan is always black and does not show anything. As I said, I have updated to the latest version of everything that Meade has on its website using the autostar update function.

The second problem has to do with the controlling the scope via the network. The scope USB-serial port is COM5 which is configured in autostar properly. I could control the scope using telescope-protocol-via serial port with no problem. However, when I switch to telescope-communications-start net scope server, set the port to scope port to 5, set the network port to 5400 (5401 returns error 10048 address in use), set the password, and check the listen box, and then telescope-protocol-autostar via network with network address 127.0.0.1 and port 5400, and then click on connect, the autostar waits for about 10 seconds and then returns this error message: "read timeout! Communications terminated!".
I should note here that the same error message appears when I try to connect from another computer on the network. The net scope server shows connected, the password window appears and takes the password, and then a few seconds later the same above read timeout message appears.

I have read everything that I could get my eyes on the internet regarding this problem but could find anything that could fix the problem. I have emailed and reported this problem to Meade's engineers but of course they do not response to emails.

I hope that one of you knows of a fix to both probelms. Thank you so much.

#2 magic

magic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Hello,

Since there is no reply, I assume no one has a solution to this problem!

May I ask if there are other people who have this problem, or am I the only one?

Thanks.

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:41 AM

I am not familiar with this scope so I have no answers.
Yot can try calling Meade customer service as im more than sure they can figure it out.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#4 magic

magic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

Thank you Mark for your reply. I shall call them.

#5 cygnusx1

cygnusx1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

Did you update your Autostar to ver.1.2 or are you using the ver that came with the ETX-LS.
I bought one as well and have the update but I am not so sure I should update if people are having trouble. Also when I phoned meade all they were interested in was selling me extended warrentee not the problems.

#6 noslenwerdna

noslenwerdna

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 02:00 PM

I am not familiar with your scope but this worked for the same problem with my lx90... run the "netscope.exe" first, you can find it in C:\program files\meade\autostarsuite

I made a desktop shortcut to it so that I could always start it first. That solved my problem, I hope it works for you.

-Andrew

#7 jkedzierski

jkedzierski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Hi I get the exact same error with my ETX-LS 6. I have tried both a Windows XP and a Window 8.1 PC, exact same error.

Both PC's will connect to the ETX LS via serial pet just fine, they will not connect via netscope.exe. Netscope.exe appears to run fine, it seems to connect to the ETX-LS and says "listening" in the status bar. When I try to connect from the Autostar Suite via network, the status in netscope says "connected 127.0.0.1" or whatever the IP address is If I try to connect remotely. The Autostar Suite application then comes back with the "Read Time Out" error.

Looking for a solution.

#8 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2826 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

What version of firmware does your LS have in it?

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#9 jkedzierski

jkedzierski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

1.6a

#10 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2826 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

If you would, enlighten me a little about "netscope.exe." I have not tried to hook my LS 8 to a computer other than just playing around a little and trying to update the firm ware to 1.6a. Is that a Meade Software that I have overlooked or something else?

Bill Steen

#11 jkedzierski

jkedzierski

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

Netscope installs with the autostar suite. It allow you to connect to your telescope from a remote PC.

#12 axman

axman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:26 PM

Is this thread still alive? I'm running into the same issue and can't find a solution anywhere.

#13 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2826 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

I called the Meade folks and asked about this situation at one time and they said they did not know, since they do not have any information on the equipment from a different company.  Customer Support suggested calling the company that made the product and asking them for a solution.

Bill Steen

#14 axman

axman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:16 PM

|Customer Support suggested calling the company that made the product and asking them for a solution.

AutoStar Suite and the netscope.exe included with it are not from Meade? The ETX-LS either? The original post and the subsequent replies all referenced Meade products. What company were they referring to I wonder? Thanks for the response anyways Bill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users