• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DREAMTRUCK

DREAMTRUCK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

GREETINGS - not sure of method of photographing but just ordered a 60mm etalon & 10mm blocking filter. intend to use visually to begin with but photoimaging an issue not understood - how does one use both eyepiece & camera - i am of impression i use right angle blocking filter with camera attached via  the old " T " adapter attached to camera body , inserted into 1 1/4 of blocking filter - do not like idea of camera hanging at right angle with blocking filter at angle to view thru it at eye level. ALSO DOES THIS WEIGHT OF CAMERA HANGING OFF TO SIDE DISTORT AXIS OF LIGHT ?? using the old off axis guider was a shoot thru but with the blocking filter it is an issue i dont understand how .

also - I INTEND TO USE C8 OFF AXIS WITH WITH 60MM - DOES THIS CAUSE AN ISSUE as opposed to a refractor??

thanks

#2 Philip Pugh

Philip Pugh

Sir Philip Pugh, AKA Astrochav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • LocationBased in South West England and Wales

Posted 26 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

Sorry I don't fully understand the question. I have used very primitive methods of snapping the Sun and if you Google my name, there's a lot of info about.

I have been known to use a second tripod to help support the weight of a camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users