5 replies to this topic

#1 Scott2526

Scott2526

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

Hello:

I am loading LPI on a computer with Windows XP.  I can get the AutoStar Suite Loaded. I load the camera driver (twice, like it asks), but when I open the LPI Images section in AutoSuite, the program loads but the camera image is missing. Like it does not recognize the camera is hooked up.

Am I missing something?  Any suggestions?

Thank you,

Scott

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

Make sure you have the latest update of envisage from Meade and the latest update of .NET platform from Microsoft.

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 ronwestnz

ronwestnz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:08 AM

And if you have the latest everything - then what ?

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:08 PM

Thats a good question.
I know many computers do not like the LPI especially laptops.
It seems different bios systems act funny on it.
With all of the windows updates and the latest Envisage and the latest .NET it should work.

If I hear anything else or come across any more info Ill post it here.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#5 umi

umi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:52 AM

I have a similar Problem, although only if I use the Meade WTS (wireless telescope server, described here: http://www.meade.de/...Hash=532ce7f820) and the LPI. If I connect the LPI to the WTS (it does not matter if I use a powered USB hub or not) I only get a white picture in Envisage. However, the LPI works fine if connected to the computer and the WTS works with the Meade DSI, but not with the LPI.

If I connect the LPI directly to the Computer (Apple Powerbook using MS XP) I use either a cable less than 5 meters, or an active repeater cable.
Regards
Udo

#6 jmlemaire

jmlemaire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:26 PM

Hello all,

I made a lot of test using meade WTS and now i'm sure of the results (i'm working in IT too...)
In fact, you may have the same problems with other usb / RJ45 / wifi hubs.

The WTS allow to connect USB devices and DB9 through DB9/Usb converters, and there's no major problems. Wifi may generate a limited bandwith depending on the location of your wifi router and the highest speed supported. To interconnect telescopes (i have 2 LX200 and 1 ETX), 54g is largely enough for your scope, focuser...

As soon as you interconnect othr devices like webcams, DSI or others, the 54g sped (which can be limited to lower sometime) may generate errors on your laptop or pc with the management software. You will not have those errors when you connect your devices directly to your hardware. One solution is to avoid using wifi when you need a certain distance between your scope environment and your hardware, and as you may have power, using CPL connectors is a very good solution and give you at least 100mb/s bandwitch.

That's the solution i'm using when i'm not out of my garden, or the distance between equipments is more than 50 meters.

Another problem, and the main for me is the ability for the wts to recognize the different hardware usb connected. I think (I'm not sure) that the firmware need to be upgraded by meade to send the correct information to the PC. When you connect different webcams for example, sometime you have an audio device, sometime a video one, and more often,a usb/d9 converter as description...which is completly wrong.

The WTS doesn't recognize correctly the device, and of course using meade link, your pc will try the best driver (if it is possible) corresponding to the device description.
So, when you have a usb camera (perfectly recognize directly connected on the pc) using the WTS, your pc may load a different driver like USB/DB9 and your webcam software will not "find" the device...

That's the same thing for many devices i used and i'm using... and for now, i do not have a clear solution.
I'm replying to your message about LPI, as the issue is the same for me !
A backup solution i'm using is to have vnc on a laptop close to the scopes for high speed devices, and remotly manage on a pc which is also doing the thedrive of scopes...

Latest information, Windows 7 doesn't disconnect correctly the devices (Meade link) and may cause problems like a hang up on the wts ! You need to reset the wts !!!

You can do it remotly sometime using the web interface, sometime not, a power on/off is necessary.

Is thee anyonewho know the default user / password on the web interface to get advanced status of the wts ? That's also necessary to generate a "reset" of the wts...

If anybody want more information about the tests i did, just mail me.

Thanks. Jean-Michel Lemaire
jmichel.lemaire@hotmail.fr

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users