3 replies to this topic

#1 X29 JET

X29 JET

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:42 AM

Hello All
            Please Can Anybody help explain the Difference between Kelner Lenses for Use with The PST the One that is supplied with it and the Coranado Cemax 12.5mm i don't seem to be able to see Fragmentation on the Sun with the Kelner 20mm before i buy a Cemax will i be able to see the Fragmentation Any help that you Chaps can help me with will be much appreciated Thanks.
Mine is a  standard PST nad not double Stacked.

Yours Sincerley
              Keith

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 06:19 AM

The EP that came supplied with the PST should give you good views.
If you are not seeing any details try adjusting the doppler tuning ring and that should help a lot.
The Other EP you are referring to is better made to give you a lot more contrast and crispness.Try again with your original EP and get a good focus then adjust the doppler tuner ring to vary the bandwidth to reveal different features.
You should be able to see solar flares if there are any present as well as sunspots.
When you have the doppler tuner adjusted right you should see an orange peel effect on the surface of the sun.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 X29 JET

X29 JET

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:40 AM

Thanks Mark
                  I have No problem seeing Solar flares its just the Orange Peel effect i can't see i will try again when the sun comes out  and let you know many thanks for Reply.

Yours Sincerley
                    Keith

#4 Philip Pugh

Philip Pugh

Sir Philip Pugh, AKA Astrochav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationBased in South West England and Wales

Posted 10 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

I don't know if it's OK to plug or advertise here but just Google "Philip Pugh Astronomy". I've carried out extensive tests on the PST with a variety of eyepieces and the CEMAX 12mm is the best, both visually and photographically. I haven't tried any eyepieces costing over £100, as I consider them disproportionately expensive, compared to the PST itself. Indeed, there's no point in buying the 18mm or 25mm eyepiece, unless you are going to use the Calcium K version of the PST.

I have posted over 500 pictures of the Sun on the web and all were taken using a PST and digital camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users