2 replies to this topic

#1 ianellis

ianellis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:21 AM

Hi,
I need some guidance regarding the setting of the delux red dot finder fitted to my lightbridge 8" dob.
The adjustments are set for up & R, what about down & left. I've tried winding the adjuster screws the other way but they appear to not work, just like a slipping clutch mechanism. Is this right, as I cannot get exact alignment, the spot is below left to object being viewed.

Also very confussed regarding the collimation. Dont seem to be able to get the centre dot on primary mirror to centre. Always seems to be off centre no matter what I do. Also can see the edge connection of one of the spiders and cannot get this to  move fully out of view.

Also, I noticed on the carton label that it stated "refurbished by manufacturer". Have been told by the UK supplier that this is regarding the fact that Meade have adjusted these models to eradicate a problem encountered with some lenses. This is because I noticed that the instructions told me to use the 35mm adaptor for use with the 26mm 2" lens. Tried this but wouldnt focus. Removed the adaptor tube & found focus was OK!!

Please help!!
Ian 

#2 hughcarson

hughcarson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

Hi Ian,
I only got my 8" Lightbridge a few days ago, so I haven't tried collimating it yet, but straight out of the box I got a stunning veiw of Saturn a couple of days ago on the only clear night in North Yorkshire we've had all week.

As to the delux red dot finder, there should a small "click" when the adjuster screws are turned, I assume they are working against a spring and therefore work both ways. The up and R arrows show the direction the screw is to be turned to get that motion, so the opposite rotation gives the opposite motion.

My instruction manual said to use the 35mm adaptor for the 26mm 2" lens as well and I got perfect focus straight away. My 1.25" lenses all worked fine without the adaptor, so I'm not sure what's going on with your scope. All I can think of is to go back to your supplier or contact Telescope House who are the importer and distributer for Meade in the UK: www.telescopehouse.com

Hope this helps.

Hugh

#3 hamdul

hamdul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

Ian,
I don't know whether you were given good information or whether statements mean different things in the U.K. but here in the States, "Refurbished by Manufacturer" Means that the product was returned by the purchaser because of some defect. It was then corrected by the Manufacturer and was now out for sale again. Generally at a much lower price but with the new product Garantee.  There is also a belief that the prodoct is better because it was in a consumers hands, the faults came to light and were corrected.
Fred

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users