• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gator523

gator523

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

I need to know what owners think is your Dob the best bang for the buck and is the 8" a good start or should I start larger all I wait to do now is just great seeing.  I have a DS type but it just isnt enough.  Plus how do you folks do the following 1 keep the scope clean and are the cases you need to keep it safe.  I know these may seem stupid but I would really like to know some reall opinion not just info from some ad. ;)

#2 hughcarson

hughcarson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:12 AM

Hi Gator,

My current scope is a Meade LX200R 12", not very portable, so I've just bought an 8" Lightbridge, I've only had it a few days and so far it's turned out great! I can carry it out very easily if there's a break in the clouds and be up and running in about 5 minutes. It has a short focal length so gives a good wide field of view, I'd certainly recommend one.

I've just ordered a "Scope coat" to keep the Lightbridge clean when it's not being used, from AstroSystems, which are available in the UK, I don't know if they are available where you are. But a quick Google search should find one.

Hope this helps.

Hugh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users