• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 swissmauser

swissmauser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 08:41 AM

After an extended session trying to update a MySky (Christmas gift), I finally located these two firmware files.  I've seen people ask where to find them, but no clear answer, so here's what I did.

Go to the Meade home page, click on Customer Support, then Downloads.
Click on AutoStar Suite Version 5.0.  Install that software.
Click on myStar Software Update.  Install that software, that updater seems to work consistently when loading and verifying software to the mySky firmware chip.
On your PC, open the hard drive where you installed AutoStar Suite Version 5.0, click Program Files, then Meade, then AutoStar Suite, then Updater, then mySky.
The mySky folder contains a Data folder (may contain unpopulated folders), a mySky 1.2tc zipped folder and a BIN file named Firmware.
The file named Firmware is version 1.2tc.
The 1.2tc zipped folder contains a BIN file named Firmware that is version 1.2q (figures, doesn't it?)

My original mySky CD installed the Autostar 5.0 Suite- Astronomers Edition.  To navigate to the folder that contains the original myStar files:
On your PC, open the hard drive where you installed AutoStar Suite Astronomers Edition, click Program Files, then Meade, then AstroWare, then Updater, then mySky.
The mySky folder contains a Data folder (contains populated folders), and a BIN file named Firmware.
The file named Firmware is version 1.2g.

Move the original Firmware file to another folder and copy the Firmware folder of your choice (1.2q behaved as a hidden file when copied into this folder) to the mySky folder under the AstroWare tree, run Autostar Suite Astronomers Edition and then update the mySky.  My PC automatically opens a window showing the folder contents when Iinsert a chip in the SD chip reader.  I often got errors from the Updater if I did not close that window before proceeding.

The new firmware loaded without error for me.  However...
The original Firmware file on my mySky was version 1.2g.  It is the only one that works on my unit, both 1.2tc and 1.2q lock up during startup or when I try to play audio.  Version 1.2g tells me the unit is not calibrated and must be returned to Meade (thanks to my attempt to update the original firmware, it was working fine 5 minutes before I started the original update).  Versions 1.2tc and 1.2q do not give that error message, but are otherwise useless.

It also helps to reset the mySky by pulling out a battery for 10 seconds after installing the updated SD chip.

Good luck!  As someone who started astronomy with a Meade 8" Newtonian and loved it, I'm particularly disappointed to find such a poorly-engineered product from them.  It discourages me from buying any other Meade software-controlled products, particularly their newer telescopes.

#2 quiquepor

quiquepor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 09:09 AM

Hello!

I need the file named Firmware in version 1.2tc
Can you send it me by e-mail?
I have Mysky plus
quiquepor@hotmail.com

Thanks

#3 avella

avella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:52 PM

I have lost all the data of the Sd when I tried to update it. Can someone help me to find the firmware 1.2tc.bin? I have asked meade and they told me that they do not have it any more. Mysky was working very well with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users