Photo

Envisage Operator's Manual/Instructions?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mikeinboca

mikeinboca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:48 PM

Being new to astrophotography, I am spending an inordinate amount of "reading" time, and (unfortunately) not enough actual viewing and photographing.  Using a Meade ETX-125AT with the DSI Pro II with filter slide, I have achieved only a couple of decent photos of the moon so far, albeit realizing the FOV of the DSI is much to narrow for capturing the full size of the moon.  Realizing the LPI is better suited for Lunar and Planatary imaging, I guess I have to accept the less-than-full-size image of the moon, and concentrate on Deep Sky Imaging.

With my first clear view of M42 in several weeks, I attempted to try my fledgling skills with that target this past week.  I guess I have more reading to do however, as it is obvious I assumed short exposures (up to 8 seconds in this, my first trial shoot) does nothing but capture the brighter stars, and is insufficient to gather the nebulosity seen frequently in example displays.

Rather than exposing all of my ignorance, I can cut to the chase simply by asking if there is a User's manual available for the Envisage Software?  Maybe it's out there, but I've not seen it.  I think if I could download and read all the operations in that software, I could be much better prepared to maximize my next attempt to capture something of interest.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike Pilgrim, Boca Raton, Fl  mpilgrim@bellsouth.net

#2 DSOMAN

DSOMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 05:38 PM

Mike,

I sent some manuals in pdf to you at your e-mail addr.

Brent

#3 teztwister

teztwister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

Hi is there any chance that you would be kind enough to send me a copy aswell(is it ment to be on the disk that you get with the camera)

Thanks Terry

tDOTyardleyATvirginDOTnet

#4 hargy

hargy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:01 AM

is this the line where ya get the instructions? cause i need it too.. lol
thanks
LX200R 10 inch Semi Peir Mount, Willam Optics 2.5 inch Guide Scope. Orion Auto Guider CCD. Meade DSI II Pro CCD. Deepsky Stacker, PhotoShop 5.

#5 AlexB

AlexB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:16 AM

I also would not mind a copy!

Cheers,
AlexB

#6 JerseyBill

JerseyBill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

Hi.

Has anyone had any joy with this? I have an old XP laptop that I want to use with my ETX and DSI CCD. I have downloaded Envisage but my PC cannot find the driver when I plug the CCD in. I cannot find any instructions anywhere on using Envisage. The CD in the box with the DSI has nothing on it relating to Envisage.

Someone please help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users