• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 phmode

phmode

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:41 PM

Well, I just wrote you a very long suggestion to this based on my recent experiences in the last 24 hours; however, I just managed to hit the wrong key and lost the lot.

To summarise, I can only connect Autostar to my LX200GPS EITHER BY

Telescope/Protocol/Autostar via Serial Port

OR BY

Telescope/Protocol/Remote Handbox.

If I try to open the remote handbox after I have connected via the serial port, it just explodes all over the place!

If I am connected via Serial Port and want to use the remote handbox to move the scope, I have to click on the telescope icon (second from right hand end of toolbar in Autostar) and use the mini handbox OR I have to disconnect from the serial port and connect via Remote Handbox; I can't do both at once!

Hope this helps, Brian

#22 winensky

winensky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:33 PM

hello all, my first post here though I have been using My LXD75 8SN and the DSI II pro for about two years. My old hand box recently died so as I awaited the arrival of the new one, I tightended up worm gears, added an electric focuser and set up for guiding...

When the new 497EP arrived, I downloaded Autostar 5.5 5CE1, Updater 5.9, the updates for my generic USB to Serial coverter and the Meade software just in case. I set up and connected the HBX to the scope and found some weird things happening with the motors. I connected up the serial cable and updated the hand box without incident. This indicated that my HBX, Updater and my serial to USB connection were all behaving.
After a recalibrate of the motors and a retrain of the drives all seemed to be running smothly. I shut everything down and then rebooted both the computer and the Scope with HBX unconnected to the computer. I then aligned the scope, fired up Autostar Suite, checked the com ports in Windows system manager, assigned the correct com port to both the serial connection and the remote handbox, connected the HBX and hit connect. No response the first time but this was the way it used to work. Hit connect the second time and got "node allocation failure".  I have tried numerous combinations of set up sequences and several re-instalations of software... no good, always the same message. This seems a not uncommon problem from the looks of this stream. I know that there has been a lot of advice abut this but I would appreciate hearing anything new.

Cheers, Matt

#23 winensky

winensky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

I have just noticed that Meade has released a new version of Updater, 5.9.1b as of the 26th October. It may adress some of the USB converter/conection issues that have been discussed in this and other streams recently. Worth a try anyway...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users