#1 justin8571

justin8571

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:05 AM

Greetings everyone,

I'm having problems (again) with connecting my 8" LX200R to my laptop. Last year I began a thread on DSI cameras called "DSI 11 Connect Error on Autostar Envisage". I had loads of help and was given a guide which worked that I have pasted below;-

1.Turn on Autostar
2.Click on telescope
3.Click on commuications
4.Click on comport setup
5.Click on whatever com port you are using
6.Click ok
7Click on telescope
8.Click on start network server
9.Click listen then minimize
10.Click on telescope
11. Click on protocol
12.Click on Autostar via network
13.A box will appear/click on connect
14.A warnining sign will come up/click ok
15.Cick on image
16. Click on DSI
17.Click on telescope tab
18.Type in 127.0.0.1 in box next to connect tab
19.Click connect
20. You are now networked for Autostar suite and Enviage
P.S. MAKE SURE ALL NETWORK IP'S ARE 127.0.0.1

I'm no genius by any stretch of the imagination and found the whole process so mind boggling that I gave up on the idea of imaging altogether. A year on I'm feeling a little braver and am hoping to use my single DSI II to image and guide using the Autostar software. I hear this isn't exactly a great way to image but I can't afford the alternatives of buying another camera and a guidescope or off-axis guider.

So, I've followed the steps above but when I click "listen" I get the following error code in a blue window;-

Run-time error 10048

I have absolutely no idea what this means or what I'm doing wrong. I have looked for help on Google but after no success I thought I'd try and pick your brains. Thanks as always for taking the time to read this post and for any help you can offer.

Justin

#2 akjudge

akjudge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:41 PM

Justin,

When you click on Start Net Scope Server, the box on the upper right (Port) sets the default number to 5401.

Try changing the 5401 to 5400.  Something in my aging memory says this may fix your problem.

If not it won't hurt anything.

Jim

#3 justin8571

justin8571

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 03:30 AM

Hi Jim,

thanks for taking the time to reply. Your memory serves you well as I found that solution on Google yesterday, however, for me it didn't work. Thanks for replying though, anything's worth a try and that has obviously worked for others. What I can't understand is how I could connect to the scope last year and now it's decided no to.

Any other ideas anyone?

Thanks again.

Justin

#4 justin8571

justin8571

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:41 AM

Jim,

I tried your method again today thinking it was worth another go and it's suddenly decided to work!!!!!

Odd things computers - I followed the exact same process yesterday a number of times without success and today it worked first time.

Thanks yet again for your help, it's not the first time you've posted replies on my thread, you helped out last year when I first tried to connect the scope to the laptop.

Justin

#5 akjudge

akjudge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:45 PM

Justin,

I can not explain why it decided to work all of a sudden (the mysteries of Windows...), but I'm glad it worked.

While I monitor the site daily, I rarely post anything, since there are so many others who know this stuff better than me.  But seeing that you were not getting any takers to your question, I decided to jump in.

Glad I could be of help.  And thanks for the kind words.

Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users