1 reply to this topic

#1 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

A clear night and nothing to do, hmm.  So I strapped my Meade 80mm on my 8" LX90 and imaged the following.  I know the color is off - still working on it - and you lose something in the translation to jpeg, but I think I'm going to like this scope!  I am still trying to figure out how to get a wider FOV with my DSI II Pro without buying a DSI III Pro.

#2 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 12:42 PM

I played with this image a bit and attach the latest.  Because I live in a highly light polluted suburb of Chicago, this was done in narrowband mapped to the Hubble pallet.  It consists of 10X3 minute subs with each filter.  I would have liked to get more subs, but just didn't have the time.  I took the images with a Meade DSI II Pro using Nebulosity, guided with PhD on my Meade 8"LX 90 GPS and using a Meade DSI Pro as a guider.  The Meade 80mm was piggybacked on top.  I calibrated, stacked and registerd the images in AIP4Win and post processed using Photoshop CS3.  I'm pleased with the results from the Meade 80mm as an imager and will do much more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users