2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve S

Steve S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:10 PM

I had noticed the accuracy was not what it use to be even after training and the other things that were to help restore accuracy .  I started thing back to when this started , it was after I started using a dew shield .  I thought maybe I was too much out of balance - even though I was using a Peterson Engineering 3.3 lbs. on axis counter balance and a Williams Optics SCT focuser .  No , balance isn't off much .  Then I remember that metal objects can interfere with the LNT module (The 3.3 lb. weight on the rear of the cell ! )  Now dew isn't really a problem , but the street light 75 feet away is .  So now I'm wondering if relocating the LNT module would be the answer ? I also have a Losmandy dove tail mount on top of the OTA .  Has anybody run into the same happenstance ?  Russ , any thoughts on this ?
Thanks to all that reply .
Steve S
Equipment :
12 " Meade LX90 GPS
13.1" Coulter Dobsonian--4sale, 
80mm W.O. - Megrez SD
18" NGT / JMI 
DSI  2 , LPI , Orion SSAG
Modified Canon 400D  XTI
Panasonic DMC FZ50

#2 Guest_rtanton_*

Guest_rtanton_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:20 PM

Hi Steve,

You're right in that the presence of metal objects can effect the LNT module...we ran int it on early DS scopes as the metal ota caused a problem, and raising the LNT up about 1/2" solved the problem.  Have you recalibrated your sensors after installing the dovetail?  Changes in the magnetic field due the dovetail on versus dovetail off could be your problem.

Russ

#3 Steve S

Steve S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:26 PM

Yes I did that too . I then wondered if relocating the module would work , although I haven't actually tried it yet .  Oh , I just remembered that the dove tail is made of aluminum .
Steve
Equipment :
12 " Meade LX90 GPS
13.1" Coulter Dobsonian--4sale, 
80mm W.O. - Megrez SD
18" NGT / JMI 
DSI  2 , LPI , Orion SSAG
Modified Canon 400D  XTI
Panasonic DMC FZ50

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users