7 replies to this topic

#1 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:07 PM

Here is a pic I took tonight, from Escanaba, Michigan at approximately 10:45 PM.

Hope you like.

Tim

#2 Danny1975

Danny1975

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Wow you must have a really good scope!  I can never see the names through mine  ;)

Nice shot though and far better than anything I have taken :)

Danny

#3 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:49 AM

Yeah, it was quite the feat getting the names and all....lol :)

I have a Meade LX90-LNT (8"); using the LPI with some tweaking in Registax.  Take care all.

Tim

#4 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:55 AM

Tim:

Are you a Yooper or just visiting.  I grew up in Escanaba and the rest of my family is still up there.  Are there any astronmy clubs up there with events planned in September or October?  I'd like to do a long weekend and enjoy the dark skies.

Bill

#5 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:26 AM

Tim:

Are you a Yooper or just visiting.  I grew up in Escanaba and the rest of my family is still up there.  Are there any astronmy clubs up there with events planned in September or October?  I'd like to do a long weekend and enjoy the dark skies.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I was born in Iron Mountain.....grew up in Esky.  Have lived in Marquette, and Washington (the state); currently live in Wells (the 'burbs of Escanaba).  If you want to get together (I could take you to my in-laws place....fairly dark skies in Danforth) email me at tberthaume@yahoo.com

Have a good trip.

Tim

PS...I have vacations already scheduled for the end of September/early October and late October/early November....plus a lot of time I am on second shift.

There is an astro

#6 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

Tim:

Bill

Bill,

I forgot to post this earlier:

Name:  Delta Astronomical Society
Address:  800 S. 15th St., Escanaba, MI 49829 USA
Phone:  906-789-0325
Email: 
URL: 
Members:  30 members

Not sure if anything is planned for October.  Call them.

Tim

#7 wsuriano

wsuriano

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the info.  I'll call the club and let you know when I'm going to be there.  I dated a girl from Wells, but that's another story.

Bill

#8 vomit

vomit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

Bill,

Feel free to contact me.  "A girl from Wells" hey?  I hope I get a chance to meet you so you can tell me all about it.

Cheers,

Tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users