23 replies to this topic

#21 Fish Cat Fish Dog

Fish Cat Fish Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

I dont understand why meade have not responded to this kind of problem "LPI Driver not working with Windows Vista".  I want to email them directly regarding this problem, but they dont have an email for technical support.  Now in this forum they didn't post either what is it's stand regarding this problem.  What kind of service do they have?

It most likely a matter of resources.  They are struggling to stay in business.  Go to their investor relations site. 
They admit it may take years to recover.  Their stock in very depressed.  Given the current state of recession we will be fortunate if they survive as the company we know today.  Even with products made in Mexico and China. 

I have only been a member of this forum for a few weeks and have learned more in this time than 4 years on  my own.

#22 Fish Cat Fish Dog

Fish Cat Fish Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:23 PM

You could also have both Vista and XP on your computer.  When the computer boots up it will ask you what operating system you want to start up.  It takes a little skill on setting it up this way but that is the way a friend of mine does it.

I'm still a little Chicken to go to Vista.  I'll wait another few years.

#23 Planetary Defense Foundation

Planetary Defense Foundation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

HERE IS THE VIDEO ON HOW TO INSTALL MEADE LPI IN VISTA
http://vids.myspace....ideoID=41201485
To Understand & Protect Our Home Planet

#24 shughey

shughey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

If you use "regedit" with Vista (go to Sart, Search on Vista & type in "regedit"), search for every entry in the registry that say "Webcam 14823", double click the entry & change all that you CAN change (you can not change all of them)  from "Trust Webcam 14823" to "Meade LPI" then it may work.  I found this to work.  Be patient, they appear to be the same entries, just keep going until it says it is through the registry.  If you start over, you should only find the entries that you were not able to change.  The control panel device manager still says "Trust Webcam 14823" but Envisage recognizes it.  I am using Auto Suite 5.5.  I start Envisage (V 7.05) first, then Auto Suite.  This came from a tip on an AutoSuite site....Kaos contributed, I think.....I appologize to the originator but this is the best attribution I can do on short notice; just trying to pass on the great tip.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users