• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 CarolHazlett

CarolHazlett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:49 AM

I recently purchased Meade's LPI camera only to find out that the driver is incompatabile with Windows Vista.  Does anyone know if there is a fix coming for this or has anyone else had the same problem and found a fix?  Please feel free to email me or answer here.  Thank you, Carol Hazlett clhazlet@eskimo.com
Sunny skies and smooooth water.......

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2359 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:42 PM

Try right clicking on the exe file and selecting compatability .
Select capatable with xp and see if this helps.

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 KngCharles

KngCharles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

I can not get my LPI to work with Windows Vista either. It has been a few months now, why hasnt Meade come out with a new driver update? I have tried several differnt ways of loading the camera but it just will not work on Vista.
HELP!!!
Charlie

#4 Rogue3

Rogue3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 11:17 AM

I tried installing the software using the XP compatability feature of Vista to no avail.  The system still tries to download a driver for a "TrustCam".  If you try to force the system to use the Meade LPI driver, the driver installation fails and gives the error "Not enough storage to complete this operation".  I've been searching for solutions, but have had no luck.  One possible solution I found was to adjust the page file, but that did not help.

I'll let everyone know if I find something new...

-Kim

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2359 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:11 AM

"To get it to load you have to wait for Vista to give up and then direct it to the install directory under Meade\AutostarSuite\Envisage\Drivers\2K - XP, once this is done it works fine."

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#6 homeis

homeis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:23 AM

lpi is not working on vista at all
we need new drivers now  >:(

#7 JoeD

JoeD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:13 PM

Accordnig to Meade Customer support today---- they will be coming out with a vesrion compatible with Vista in "early July" ....... I guess it's wait and see ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I also tried all the above suggestions without success  >:(
Meade LX200R 8", Orion ED80, DSI PRO II, DSI II color (guide), AIP4WIN (capture and guiding), Photoshop C3 (post processing)

#8 KngCharles

KngCharles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 07:55 AM

I've tried every suggestion posted here and then some, but no matter what I do, Vista insists that I have a Trustwebcam and it will not allow me to do anything else. For those of you that keep posting "just do this" suggestions, none of them work. It simply will not access the meade LPI drivers. Meade is being very unhelpful with this problem. Customer service doesnt seem to care or be able to help. "A driver is on the way" is the same crap that they gave me back in February. This camera that I spent a few bucks on is just sitting here collecting dust. Every night I miss another opportunity to photograph  a quickly fleeting celestrial event because "Meade" is working on it. I guess that old point and shoot slapped onto the back of the scope is still the only reliable option. I am darn glad that I didnt spent the money on the Deep sky imager!! And Oh yeah, what the hell were they thinking by including that DB-9 to RJ-11 adapter instead of the more modern connector that most if not all new computers use to hook up the autostar controller? Now they want me to go back and purchase that from them too? Give me a break!

#9 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2359 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 08:26 AM

Meade is working on a driver that works for all machines.
Vista has been very flacky as it will let the LPI work on some machines and not others.
Its more of a MS Vista issue right now than a Meade driver issue and Everytime MS decides to give us one of their lovely updates it generally breaks more things than it fixes.
It is very hard for software writers and Engineers to just drop everything and try to figure out what MS has broken .
I have been assured there is a driver being developed for Vista and they are just working out a few issues.
In the mean time please be patient.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#10 Rthevenot

Rthevenot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:07 PM

Weather is fine, Jupiter is in the sky, LPI is still not working ...

Does any of you as got news from Meade about the Vista Driver ?

Regis

#11 John S.

John S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:54 AM

Just a short coment on Vista. It is the most useless (but albeit pretty) OS since Millenium. I purchased a new dual core laptop which came with Vista. Of couse I too had the same problem with the LPI. I dumped it and installed XP Home. Vista is so fat with so many useless and irritiating features it runs slower, especially on laptops. I would recommend that, if you can, you go back to XP,... it will run and process the intensive imaging processes much faster.
Maybe Meade should have had a driver out by now, but remember they are not an IT company and Vista is very complicated and extremely counter intutitive, they don't have the resources of a giant like MS or whoever. I am sure they have something ready, but they do have to shake it down to remove the most bugs as possible before release....if they release too early ppl will complain as well when it doesn't work. My two cents.

John
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

#12 BobNE

BobNE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

My old laptop finally gave up the ghost.  Since all computers are now shipped with Vista, I had to make the leap.  I soon discovered also that when I install my LPI I get the wrong device.  Has there been any news on the updated driver for the LPI to work on Vista?

Bob

#13 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2359 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

I havnt heard any news on this of yet.
Meade is trying to get a working driver for the LPI but windows vista is giving all kinds of problems with not only Meade but several other companys that develope software.
A suggestion that ill do if i ever have to make tthe leap is reformat the pc and install XP.
If you have the old operating system disk from your old pc and the code you should be able to use that to install XP.
Or you can purchase a copy of XP .
I know this sounds harsh but it fixes a lot of what vista messed up.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#14 JoeD

JoeD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 02:07 PM

has anyone heard of any update on this one? ???
Meade LX200R 8", Orion ED80, DSI PRO II, DSI II color (guide), AIP4WIN (capture and guiding), Photoshop C3 (post processing)

#15 brimus

brimus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 01:44 PM

I bought a laptop with Vista on it (just for the scope since still no Mac support) and had to install XP to get the LPI to work. Would be nice if since they only support Windows they would get it working with the latest windows, or better yet make a Mac version.

Brian

#16 KngCharles

KngCharles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:50 PM

still waiting....
And by the way, I LIKE VISTA!
I am not going to get rid of it just to accommodate one app. I take it that I shouldnt bother buying a DSI because it wont work either.
This is poor customer support. If Meade cant get its hardware to work with the current generation of Windows operating systems then they shouldnt have sold it (after most new computers were being shipped with Vista) in the first place. Give me my money back!
Charlie K.

#17 Garytx7

Garytx7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

The DSI works just fine with Vista, but I have had no success with the LPI. Seems like if they can get the DSI to work then they should be able to write an LPI driver.

#18 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2359 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

They have been working on a fix for Vista and the LPI.
The hold up is the API for the imager.
Im not sure where it stands now.
The DSI series has no issues with Vista.

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#19 alan_gigi

alan_gigi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:08 AM

I dont understand why meade have not responded to this kind of problem "LPI Driver not working with Windows Vista".  I want to email them directly regarding this problem, but they dont have an email for technical support.  Now in this forum they didn't post either what is it's stand regarding this problem.  What kind of service do they have?

#20 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2359 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:50 AM

It is more of a Vista issue.
And its difficult for any company to keep up on Windows.
Im sure Meade has been working on many other things and just hasnt caught up on the Vista issues.
Here is  a copy and paste from one of my previous threads on this subject.

Regards

Mark

It seems when you instal the imager on vista, Vista renames the camera.
That is why Vista wont recognize the LPI.
Some one has done a lot of research on it and has come up with a detailed fix.

It seems that no matter what Meade does Vista re names the imager for us.

Here is the link for a fix.
Do this at your own risk if you dont know how to edit your registry!!!!!!
Meade or Myself do not take any responsibilitys for this fix.

Regards

Mark

http://autostarsuite...read/15028.aspx
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users