2 replies to this topic

#1 Didier

Didier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

Hi to all my name is Aslhay.
I Need to know how to take sun pictures, but I don't know how make it, I make some test with a PST and SM60T and SM90T but all tes are failed, I take the pictures with a sony civershot camera by first by eyepiece and las without eyepiece but all results are no good, because when I have sun image are too clear and I don't see sun spots and flares, and when I don't use eyepiece I see one black circle into the center of the sun, some friends say me about use a special filters in the camera but I don't know what make to take a good images.

Regards to all and thank you in advance

#2 Philip Pugh

Philip Pugh

Sir Philip Pugh, AKA Astrochav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • LocationBased in South West England and Wales

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:35 AM

This is my collection and they are all taken with ordinary digital cameras and a PST:

http://philippugh.fo..._SunHAlpha.html

I always use an eyepiece and my favourite is a Coronado CEMAX 12mm but I've also used Moonfish Group ones as well.

The real art is in post processing using Paintshop Pro or another similar editing tool. I'm sure that if you sent someone a clear image they could try. I'm on ppugh@alcatel-lucent.com, BTW, so perhaps I could have a go.

At the risk of "plugging", you can try the Springer book I wrote with many contributors and read Nick Howes' chapter on Imaging.

I'm still learning new things about post processing and would need a book chapter (at least) to write it all down.

#3 redvis

redvis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 10:58 AM

Hi Aslhay,

There are some tips and tutorials for getting started in solar imaging in this thread:

http://meade4m.com/f...opic,123.0.html

I hope it helps!

Cameran
Meade 4M Solar Advisor

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users