3 replies to this topic

#1 Larry Alvarez

Larry Alvarez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

We had some good seeing here in Texas Sunday and I took advantage of the day.  Below are my latest 90 images from Sunday and one from a few days before.  Clear Skyz, LA :)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Again nice images.
I wish the PST would give images like this.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 Larry Alvarez

Larry Alvarez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:46 AM

Thanks Mark.  The 90 does deliver some good images.  It allows you to pull in the light on so so days.  I think though that if I had it to do over again, I might go with the 70mm or 60mm simple because the days you can really make use of the 90's aperture are few and far between and there's something about the 60~70mm aperture that makes it work well for H-alpha.  Coupled to the right camera the images you could get off the 60~70mm would rivial the be best 90 images for full disk to mid range close ups.  I've got the Coronado 70mm Cak scope and it provides one of the best views I've seen of the Sun and simply works in a whole varity of situations.  All that being said the 90 is still one of the finest scopes I've used.  Its price makes it hard to get though, even with the big discount but I figure that I get more than enough entertainment out of it that it justifies what I spent and its still delivering every clear day.  Clear Skyz, LA

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

Thanks Larry,
Ive found in the few years of using the PST if I dont get out by 10 am it wasnt worth imaging.
It seems early in the AM before things warm up the seeing is ok but when the temps warm up the seeing goes to pot.
As I do more DSO imaging it is hard to get up that early or stay awake that long  lol.
I really do enjoy My PST and eventually would like to move up to a larger scope for solar imaging Its a hard investment to make.
I imagine if I did more solar work than DSO I could justify the cost but one has to give up a few things to have the other.

Thanks again for the info and sharing all of your images with us.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users