Photo

I rate the mySKY as a "do not buy" item.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zooball

Zooball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 06:11 AM

My story can be read here:

http://forum.ourdarkskies.com/index.php?showtopic=19669&st=0&gopid=195653&#entry195653

I've been buying Meade for eight years--NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 Fish Cat Fish Dog

Fish Cat Fish Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:33 AM

I have been buying Meade products for over 25 years and have not had the kind of problems for me to boycott their products.

I would like to know how many MySky devices they made and how many have had problems.

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

ZooBall,
Drop me an E mail explaining what is wrong with things.
Ill look into it for you.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#4 johnm3

johnm3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:57 PM

Mark two weeks ago Sams had mysky on sale for 150.00 I baught one and couldnt get it to work I went back to the store and asked if I could try out a replacement before I left the store..long story short they had 6 in stock we stuck batteries in each one 2 refused to even turn on and the rest froze up when I went to enter location information which was the same problem I had when I brought one home also the one I brought home froze when it tried to do its gps thing I got my money back.

I would like to add I am aware Meade has had some problems I had major issues last year with motors for my LXD75 but since then I purchased a LX200r and am very pleased. I find Meade tries very hard to help when they can I also think mysky could have been rushed into production to compete with Celestrons SkyScout which I hear does very well. but where else do you get a reasonably priced scopes that do as well as Meade?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users