Photo

Can image processing handle parallel image feeds of the same object?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MtnGoat

MtnGoat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

I have a couple ETX's kicking around and was considering modifying an ETX mount to accept the twin optical assembly from a pair of 20x80 binos of approx 350mm FL. I was wondering if Meade image processing SW has any backdoor tweak that is capable of sequencing images from twin imagers in binocular fashion.

Given the advantages of image stacking to start with, and that frame rates from an imager running seconds long exposures should not exceed the stacking capability of the SW, can I get any improvement in imaging time or resolution by shooting twin streams simultaneously, or is this not worth the trouble?

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2364 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

As with any program you can only capture 1 image per imager.
You would need to run 2 imagers capturing then stack all of the images whan you are done.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 BABFB

BABFB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

If I have two similar scopes, I suppose I would need two imaging units in each scope to combine the gathered photons into one detailed image using AutoStar for both scopes? Like the Keck Observatory. hehe
Or, is this just day dreaming? And, could I control both scopes with one AutoStar program at the same time. 497 handbox directing both scopes. I doubt it, but I am kicking the idea around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users