• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 avella

avella

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:21 PM

I have lately bought mySky and found that it is not precise. When I try to locate an object in the sky (like the moon, which is obvious regarding its position) and I press 'go to', I noticed that the location is far from exact. Can some one help me with this problem. thankyou ::)

#2 magfellan1522

magfellan1522

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:59 AM

I am also a "new" mysky user and I am having the same problem. I have tried various combination of the options available such as dimming the signts, letting them flash, etc, but I still am not able to get the proper, known object 100% of the time. The instructions say to practice, but perhaps the learning curve is quite shallow. Anyone have any ideas on how to raise the accuracy?

#3 KI6IWX

KI6IWX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

I've found that if you sweep the MySky slowly, and sight on the target object for a few seconds before hitting the trigger it will be much more accurate. Same holds true for doing a Go-To. Try slowing the sweep down to let the internal sensors catch up and I think you'll see a difference.

#4 Zooball

Zooball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

My first mySky nailed everything I pointed it at and was a joy to use. ;) (Until it broke.)

I'm now on my third and it is off several degrees to the right. :'(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users