• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 msibleyj

msibleyj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

I just received a new #909 Accessory Port Module (07506) for my 12" LX90GPS to use with my #1209 focuser.  The unit itself appears to be working OK with my focuser, but when I tried to attach the module to the rear cell of the scope as per the instructions, the 2 screw holes on the module's bracket would not line up with the screw holes on the telescope.  There is a good 1/8" difference (the bracket's holes are further apart that those on the scope) which prevents me from being able to insert both mounting screws.

Anyone else have this problem?  I'm curious if there is a design flaw with the bracket or if the mounting holes on my scope were drilled incorrectly.

Mark J

#2 Iver

Iver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:32 PM

Hi Mark, where did you find your APM? There was talk on the LX-90 Yahoo group that it may have been discontinued. I have one but thought I would buy an extra one just in case, and was unable to find one in stock. When I was looking for an APM I noticed this disclamer on the OPT site.

Please Note: The hole pattern for attaching the #909 to the back of the rear cell is different on 10" & 12" LX90's manufactured prior to February, 2006 from those on all 8" models and larger models manufactured after that date. In these cases, you will only be able to attach the #909 with one of the bracket screws. According to Meade, this method will work fine, but OPT wanted you to know nonetheless.

-Iver

#3 msibleyj

msibleyj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

Iver,

Thanks for the info!  I bought the APM from OPT, but I purchased it over the phone rather than through their website because I wanted to make sure they had them in stock.  Consequently, I didn't notice the disclaimer.  I bought the unit last Tuesday and had it in hand 2 days later.

It does look like the unit has been redesigned, since it has a different shaped from the pics I see online.  Perhaps it is a bit smaller.

I can easily modify the bracket to fit my scope--either by elongating one of the holes or by making an adapter bracket.  You know, seems to me that it would have been easy enough for Meade to have designed one of the screw holes as a slot to accommodate both scope configurations...

Mark J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users