• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JonathanCR

JonathanCR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 12:59 PM

I am about to get a 12” Lightbridge but I keep reading posts on others forums from people who bought one of these and It seems like every new LB owner receives there scope with damage. I would like to hear from one of the Meade’s representatives if this issue will be ever fix. Thanks

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2359 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:55 PM

Im sure when Meade ships the scopes they are fine.
What happens when in the shippers hands is anyones guess.
Of all of the products Ive gotten from meade I have never had any damaged equipment.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 Garand

Garand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 04:09 PM

Make sure that yiu are there when the scope is delivered.  Check the boxes for damage and make sure you show the delivery person any damaged boxes and make them take note of it - there's a form that they can fill out on the spot.  Most people I know are somewhat intimitated by this process and don't carry through with it but it is important.  The drivers, of course, want to drop off and run.  Make them wait while you check.  If you are not there when delivery occurs, check the boxes immediately when you get home and do NOT open any damaged goods.  Call the carrier and report the problem.

Of all of the items I have ordered, I have never recieved anything that was broken EXCEPT for an eyepiece set - the box was crushed on one corner when deleivered.  While the eyepieces were okay, the case was damaged.  If I had not had the UPS driver make note of it, it would have been my problem instead of theirs.

We are responsible to check and make sure that the deliverer hands over our orders in good shape.  Meade is not there during the delivery process or at the reciept of the goods on our end.

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2678 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

I know two people that have recieved 12 inch Light Bridges within the last year.  Neither mentioned anything about any damage or problems.  All indications I have had are that they are very happy with their telescopes.

I suspect that this issue is being magnified by the general fact that happy customers tend to not say much while people with problems sometimes talk a lot about it.

Hope this helps,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2359 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 06:42 AM

It is like anything today.
When a product is shipped and people receive it and it works fine you never hear that.
When something is wrong you always hear it.
Many times things are so blown out of proportion due to frustration.
Its just like the Media.
You always hear them report the bad things but never hear them report the good things.
Its the nature of the beast.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users