Photo

Is my Autostar computer software and tracking software up to date?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnz8

johnz8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

I just received an ETX80AT-TC for Christmas.  ;D I have a second home in the Arizona mountains so I hope to have some fun with this. I have an older Jason but no computer stuff and I lost interest because it was too hard to find anything and tracking was ugly at best. I think I will have more fun with this telescope by far.

I went and got the PC to Autostar connector and software. The software I got looks like the same software I got with my telescope. Did I pay to much? I think you can buy just the cable. Me stupid?  ;D.

I went to the Meade download site and I don't see any updates for my software at all and no updates for a long time for all the other stuff regarding viewing the universe. Did I waste my money? Does my telescope have all that stuff since I just got it last moth from a telescope store (on line and local) that does lots of volume so I would assume the software for the computer tracking unit and the universe is up to date?  ??? Am I wrong here too?

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:49 PM

For what it is worth,
The telescope you purchased will work well right out of the Box.
You have all good questions but first you should enjoy the scope before you get into the technical things of updating things as in software or firmware.
I believe autostarETX is a lot more familiar youh your setup and hopefully he will chime in.
But for now just enjoy the new scope and get expierance with the workings of the scope.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 johnz8

johnz8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:47 AM

I need the time to either go out of Phoenix and into the desert. It has been overcast and we got that rain that CA was getting the last few days. I know, its the desert and we should have clear skies all the time. Too many trees and stuff at my house too. I can't wait to take it to my other home in the mountains here. The nights are very cold there right now so I will wait a few months for it to warm up a bit. It is at 6000 feet and just up the road it is 7200 feet and there is a big parking lot where the ranger station is that I plan to use that has unobstructed shots at the horizon in all directions.

John Z

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users